I am excited to share with you this luscious whipped body butter that will leave your skin feeling soft, moisturized and pampered for days. A combination of butters and oils creates a perfect base for your essential oils of choice. This recipe uses Grapefruit and Wild Orange, but feel free to use your favorite essential oils to create your own personalised scent.
½ cup shea butter
½ cup cocoa butter
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 drops Grapefruit essential oil
15 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with one to one-and-a-half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined (10–15 minutes). Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit 5–10 minutes. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until set.
- When chilled, remove from refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to desired consistency with a hand mixer.