The refreshing, sweet scent of Wild Orange makes it a popular choice for aromatic and topical use, while its citrusy, zingy flavour adds a punch to any beverage, appetizer, or entrée.
Wild orange uses and benefits
- The strong, sweet, citrus aroma of Wild Orange is a great choice for purifying the air and for creating an uplifting and energizing environment at work or at home.
- Like all citrus oils, Wild Orange can be used to cleanse and sanitize surfaces around the home, including the kitchen and bathroom. To help banish unpleasant odours, add three drops of Wild Orange to the drains last thing at night OR when you plan to be out most of the day.
- Wild Orange is a great addition to this quickly made furniture and floor polish. Simply combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, and 10 drops of Wild Orange (or any citrus oil) in a spray bottle. Apply to wood surfaces with a soft cloth. Shake well to disperse before each use.
- For an energy boost, add one to two drops of Wild Orange to the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense plus your favourite carrier oil. Massage this heavenly combo on the back of your neck for an instant pick-me-up.
- Start your day right by adding one or two drops of Wild Orange to your body wash or shampoo, or add to the shower tray when the bathroom is nice and steamy.
- Create your own plastic and toxin-free body scrub, by adding 10 drops of Wild Orange to 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbl of carrier oil. Mix well and store in a glass jar.
- During the colder months, give your immune system a boost by adding one or two drops of Wild Orange to a veggie capsule, your favorite herbal tea, green smoothie or to a glass of cold, fizzy water.
- Soothe anxious feelings before important events by adding 8-10 drops of Wild Orange oil to an aromatherapy inhaler. Simply remove the lid and breathe deeply when needed. Keep lid tightly shut and the inhaler will last for approx six months.
- Diffuse Wild Orange in the mornings to help the family feel energised for the day.
- Add two or three drops of Wild Orange to an empty washing machine to clean and sanitise. Side benefit: it also makes your house smell awesome!
Need to study?
Diffuse this blend to get your neurological processes firing on all cylinders:
2 drops Wild Orange
2 drops Lemon
2 drops Peppermint
2 drops Rosemary
Fun fact: Originating from Southeast Asia, oranges have been grown for centuries. In many cultures, orange trees are known as a symbol of love and marriage.
Citrus sinensis is an evergreen tree, also commonly referred to as the Sweet Orange tree. As the name suggests, the tree bears sweet fruit that has many uses—juices, marmalades or jellies, and flavoring for sweets and baked goods. dōTERRA Wild Orange is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit and sourced from the Dominican Republic.
Chemistry of Wild Orange essential oil
Main Chemical Components: Limonene
Limonene is a monoterpene known for its cleansing properties as well as its stimulating and enhancing effects on mood when used aromatically.
Oils that blend well with wild orange
Wild Orange blends well with many other essential oils, including Peppermint, Spearmint, or Siberian Fir. To recreate the scents of autumn, try blending Wild Orange with warm, spicy essential oils like Cinnamon, Clove, Frankincense, or Cedarwood and when you are ready to invite the scents of spring into your home, blend Wild Orange with citrus and floral oils like Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot and Citrus Bliss®.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product topically. Can be safely used in wash-in, wash-off products like soaps, shampoos and body scrubs.